Friends of Femili PNG, or FFPNG, is an Australian support organisation for Femili PNG.
As well as providing technical support, FFPNG also enables Australian donors to support survivors of family and sexual violence in Papua New Guinea with tax deductible donations.
- To support and promote the work of Femili PNG to assist survivors of family and sexual violence in Papua New Guinea to access the services they need.
- To raise awareness on family and sexual violence in Papua New Guinea, and on what Papua New Guinea institutions and individuals are doing to respond to that challenge.
- To apply all profits and income of the association towards activities that support the survivors of family and sexual violence in Papua New Guinea and improve their access to services.
Friends of Femili PNG’s vision is to provide effective client services and foster strong partnerships to address family and sexual violence in Papua New Guinea.
Friends of Femili PNG’s mission is to work with clients, partners and communities to improve responses to family and sexual violence through case management, partner support, training, monitoring, research and advocacy.
- Respect: We respect and value local solutions, we seek to enhance local capacities, and we abhor discrimination.
- Client-centred: We put the client first.
- Trust: We work in ways which foster trust and goodwill with clients, families, communities, partners, donors and PNG Government agencies.
- Dynamism and resilience: As an organisation, we foster dynamism, adaptability and resilience.
- Learning: We engage with and support the use of evidence. We share our own lessons and look to learn from others as well.
- Empowerment: We actively pursue opportunities to empower women and children and other marginalised people in PNG.
- Professionalism: We recognise and value the professionalism, skills and experience of our staff and their contribution to institutional learning and development. We strive for excellence.
- Discipline and probity: Creating change requires hard-work, sustained commitment and ethical behaviour.
- Partnerships: We strive to build strong partnerships with PNG government agencies, civil society and private sector organisations, both in PNG and overseas, and donors.
- Human rights: We value and support the basic human rights and central role of women within their community and in development.
- Role of civil society: We value the operational freedom which stems from being a not-for-profit and civil society organisation. We support the development of strong civil society in PNG as an important force for positive change.
We have a separate Board and staff than Femili PNG. Our board comprises:
- Professor Stephen Howes (Chair)
- His Excellency Mr John Ma’o Kali CMG OBE (Deputy Chair)
- Ms Mehere Maladina (Secretary)
- Mr Tom Sloan (Treasurer)
- Ms Sue Sadauskas (Board member)
- Ms Daisy G Plana / Ms Denga Ilave (ex officio Board members, representing Femili PNG)
Lauren Hallett is the CEO of Friends of Femili PNG.
ABN 41 706 886 372
C/- Development Policy Centre
7 Liversidge Street
Australian National University
Acton, ACT, 2601