and what to do if you have a question or want to make a complaint.
Who do we collect information from?
FemiliPNG Australia may collect personal information from people or organisations who donate money to us,
make a purchase from our online shop, engage with our website or social media accounts, subscribe to our email
lists, volunteer with us, engage with our campaigns and events, contact us via phone or email, provide feedback,
or lodge a complaint.
What information do we collect and store?
FemiliPNG Australia collects the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as a person’s name or pseudonym, phone number/s, residential and postal
address/s, and/or email address/s
- Payment information for donations and purchases from our online Shop for Good store
- Communication preferences
- Website activity
- Engagement with our social media and email newsletters
- Conversations by phone or email with our staff or volunteers
- Feedback and complaints made via email or through our online complaints form.
FemiliPNG Australia does not collect sensitive information about people who support us, donate money, make a
purchase, or follow our online channels.
Online payments (donations and purchases) are processed in real time using a secure payment system, Stripe.
FemiliPNG Australia does not store these details. Stripe complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security
Standards (PCI DSS). Stripe has been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor and is certified as
a PCI Level 1 Service Provider.
How do we collect your personal information?
Directly from you
FemiliPNG Australia may collect personal information directly from you when you provide it:
- Over the phone
- Through our website
- Via our social media platforms
- By email
- In meetings, interviews, and conversations
- Through online forms
- Through donations
- Through purchases on our Shopify store
Some information, such as website activity, is collected automatically. This information does not include
personally identifiable information (PII). FemiliPNG Australia uses Google Analytics to monitor website trends,
including how long individuals are spending on our website.
If you choose to submit a form such as the contact us or complaint form, the PII that you provide will be
collected, such as your name and email address. You can choose to submit complaints anonymously.
browser. Disabling cookies may affect your website experience.
The FemiliPNG Australia website contains links to other sites which we think might be of interest. FemiliPNG
Australia is only responsible for the content, privacy practice and business practice of our own website.
FemiliPNG Australia uses Mailchimp to send out newsletter emails. You may provide your personal information
(such as your name, email address and location) to us via Mailchimp when you subscribe to our emails.
Mailchimp also automatically collects information about our subscribers’ engagement with our emails (such as
email open rates, link click rates, and Shopify orders and donations directly stemming from our emails). We use
this information to monitor the success of our email campaigns.
All emails sent using Mailchimp contain the Mailchimp logo at the end of the email.
FemiliPNG Australia uses Shopify to run our online Shop for Good store. You may provide your personal
information (such as your name, contact information, and address) to us via Shopify when you order from our
Shopify also automatically collects information about your order history and website activity.
With other third party services
FemiliPNG Australia may use other third-party services during its work. This may include, but is not limited to,
platforms to facilitate fundraising, social media integrations, and donations.
How do we use your information?
FemiliPNG Australia uses personal information to fulfil our charitable and international development activities,
engage with the public, raise awareness and fundraise. We use your information to keep you informed of our
work, and how your support is assisting women, their families and communities in Papua New Guinea.
We may use your personal information to:
- Process and fulfil your purchases, donations and receipts
- Communicate with you about how your donations are being used
- Analyse donor, supporter and website activity for quality assurance
- Provide you with information about our events, causes, programs and other activities
- Respond to your questions, comments, or feedback
- Improve your experience with systems by providing tailored experience
- Report on our activities via an Annual Report
We will inform you if we collect your personal information for purposes other than those listed above, before we
collect this information.
How do we store your information?
The protection of your privacy and personal information is of the utmost importance to FemiliPNG Australia.
When information is stored by FemiliPNG Australia directly, it is stored in secure electronic databases (OneDrive
and SharePoint) which can only be accessed by FemiliPNG Australia staff. These are protected by multi-factor
authentication and are encrypted in-transit and at-rest. Our files can be accessed by authorised staff from within
Australia and overseas, and are examined regularly to ensure information is current and held securely.
Where a third party is involved in storing your personal information, we require those third parties to handle that
information lawfully, and to maintain privacy and security. While we take all reasonable steps to ensure this
occurs, FemiliPNG Australia is not liable for unauthorised access or use of that information.
We will destroy or de-identify your personal information when we no longer need it for the purpose for which it
was collected unless the law requires otherwise.
If you send us your personal information when we don’t ask for it, we will determine whether the information is
related to one or more of our activities. If the information is not relevant to what we do, we may destroy or deidentify the personal information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
Processing, using and disclosing your information
- Where processing, using, or disclosing your information is required by law.
- Where we have your consent to use or disclose your personal information.
- For the purpose for which it was collected, or related purposes that you would reasonably expect
FemiliPNG Australia to process, use or disclose that personal information.
If you agree, FemiliPNG Australia will share your data with our partner, Femili PNG, so that they may keep you up
to date on their activities, and offer you their products and services. We will not sell your information to any
You are welcome to opt out of communications from FemiliPNG Australia at any time. Use any of the clear links
that we provide in all our digital communication, or email [email protected]
What are your data protection rights?
FemiliPNG Australia would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every
person involved with FemiliPNG Australia has the right to:
- Request access to copies of your personal data.
- Request that any inaccurate personal information be corrected, or that any incomplete information be
- Request your personal data to be erased, under certain conditions.
- Request the processing of your personal data to be restricted, under certain conditions.
- Object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Request your data to be transferred to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
You are welcome to contact FemiliPNG Australia at any time to view or modify your information. If you would like
to make a request, or exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
- By phone: +61 2 6125 3446
- By email: [email protected]
- By mail: C/- Development Policy Centre,
7 Liversidge Street, Australian National University,
Acton, ACT 2601, Australia
Privacy concerns or complaints
FemiliPNG Australia has a process for handling complaints. Should you have a complaint about FemiliPNG
Australia’s protection of your privacy, contact FemiliPNG Australia via email: [email protected]
The complaints handling policy is available on our website, or by request.
FemiliPNG Australia does not charge anyone to lodge a complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the relevant Privacy Commissioner or
Commonwealth Ombudsman, and FemiliPNG Australia will co-operate fully with any resulting process.